May 6, 2011

April 27th, 2011

This is what we drove through to get to my Nana's house on Wednesday April 27th.. We had to go the back way to even get P.G. to her house. As we were driving down 15th street to get to 269 the path of the Tornado started. It came so close to our own house it was very scary to see just how close it really was. The only thing I could do it cry and thank GOD that our entire family was ok and not hurt when it came through Concord and Pleasant Grove. This is what most of Pleasant Grove looks like now. I grew up in Hueytown & Pleasant Grove and graduated from P.G. and it breaks my heart to see this disaster in person. The last 2 pictures are of my Nana's house and where my Aunt Kathy, Uncle Carey, Matt & Tiff lived just a year ago. I thank GOD that they moved b/c there is nothing left of that house as you can see. The place they went to be "safe" from things like this is nothing but a pile of bricks and blocks. I have cried so much this past week my eyes are a mess.. I pray that GOD with be with the ones that have lost everything, had damage to their homes/cars and for the ones who lost loved ones.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: