June 25, 2008

9 Year Old Check Up!

Friday Colby had his 9 year old Check up!! He had asked me ALL week long "Mommy am I going to get a shot?" He was terrified! I was praying that he didn't b/c last check up he had to get 2 shots and I had to lay across his little body and hold him down along with another nurse not including the one giving the shots. He went CRAZY!!! After that I told Chris I was not going to do it by myself ever again if he had to have shot he would be going also. Well needless to say Chris was going to go with us but he went to my Nan's house to do some yard work for her but he did talk to Colby and told him that if he would act like a big kid and not throw a fit he could have a friend over to spend the night. He told Chris that he would be good and that he would call him when he got out of Dr. Elmer's office to let him know how good he did.

As soon as the nurse called his name to go to a room I could tell he was so scared. She told him to go and tee tee int he cup and when he was finished to put the cup on her counter and go back to the room and take his shirt off and Dr. Elmer would be in his room in a minute. Well he was fine until Dr. Elmer came into the room!! He asked Colby how he was and Colby said "fine, do I have to have shot today?" Dr. Elmer was messing with him and said yep one in your leg, arm, butt, head and then said were else do you want one. I thought he as going to die he looked at me with this look like HELP!! He ended up not even getting a single shot and he was soooooo happy about that.

The nurse took his blood pressure, weighed him, and measured him. My little guy only weighs 55 1/2 lbs.!! I wanted to cry, he is so skinny but Dr. Elmer said it is b/c of the medicine he is taking and that he was fine with his weight he said he would rather see him like this rather than overweight! He also told me to make sure he ate breakfast, lunch dinner & snacks.. If you have ever seen Colby eat he usually eats like a little pig. He said it was b/c he is so active and always on the go that he never puts the weight on. He said that he could drink things like Pediasure which he loves so we are going to try that to see if our little man gain gain a pound or so.

So all in all we had a good trip NO shots thank goodness for him and his mommy :) and he weighs 55 1/2 pounds and is 53 1/4 inches long. Before you know it he will be as tall as his Mommy!!

3 comments:

Chris and Karrie said...

awwe! I'm so glad your little guy didn't have to get a shot. I know what you mean, though. My Savannah is 14, and she just now have gotten used to getting them... (but I want to run myself when I have to get them too!:)

The Goodrichs said...

Dr Elmer is so nice - he was our dr when we were little....

The Lindseys said...

Hey Nicole...it is so good to hear from you. I hope your family is doing well. Tell Nicole and your mom I said hello...