April 21, 2010

Update

A lot  has gone on in the past 24 hours with my mom.  I took her to get a ekg & chest x-ray Tues. morning @ 7 am.  When we were done I went home and so did she expecting the dr to call her back saying nothing very alarming but boy were we wrong!!  Dr. Christopher called her and told her that he wanted her to go to UAB West and get a CT scan b/c he saw a mass in her chest and wanted to see what was going on.  My mom's friend Judy had to tell me b/c my mom couldnt talk she was so upset.  The first thing I thought was OMG I do not want to have to go through this again!!!  I sat in my WONDERFUL husbands arms and just cried!!! Chris & I went to her house to talk to Nat which was soooo very hard.  We went to theUAB West Imaging Center at 1:00 and we were not even back home long and her Dr. called and told her to pack a bag and get to Princton Hospiral as soon as she can.  Fast forward to today....  She had a Bronchoscopy & biopsy done and they told us she has a spot (Cancer) that is the size of  a baseball that is lying on her superior vena cava sorry sp & another vein that was what was making her swell up on her face, neck, arms & hands.  They dont htink it is in the lungs but on top of them, she also has a spot at the bottom of her esophagus, and in her left lymph node.  She had a MRI today and will get a port and onother biopsy tomorroww sometime.  PLEASE PLEASE pray for my mom and for myself, my wonderful hubby, Colby & my wonderful sister...  We have a long road ahead of us but we are putting everything in GODS hands and everything is going to be fine.  When I find out more I will update you and let you know. 

4 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I will say prayers for you and your family. I wish you and best.

Stanley Family said...

Nicole, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep your entire family in my prayers!

JANA said...

I will be praying for you guys!

The Spencer Family said...

Nichole,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I pray everything turns out ok for her. I will keep you & your family in my prayers!