July 13, 2007

Update on my Aunt Ollie

Chris & I went to see my aunt Ollie at the hospital yesterday on our way home from work and God love her heart she is pitiful. She was so week and she had her little feather hat on looking so cute. She is in very good spirits and was talking up a storm. On her board in her room it says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. We asked her who wrote that and she told us her nurse and she said that is true isn’t it I can do all things through him... I know that is true but I am heartbroken right no!!! We just lost my dad in August last year and now this!! Does it ever get any better???? Anyway she was mad at us for not going to get Colby before we came. She loves that boy! As soon as we walked in she said where is my baby I know yall didnt come up here to see me and not bring him! This is the update so far from one of her nurses: the pathology report should be back today to determine exactly what is going on. She did get a blood transfusion yesterday and is on medication. All we know right now is that is it 1 of the 2 things: Acute Leukemia or Myelodysplastic Syndrome. We should find out today for sure which one it is and see what her options are. Please pray for all of us who will have to get her to understand her options are. And please please pray for her! As soon as I find out more I will let you know. Thank you all for your prayers!
Love, Chris, Nichole & Colby

1 comment:

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR AUNT. IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS A STRONG WOMAN AND KNOWS WHO IS IN CONTROL OF HER LIFE. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL!